SEO for CMS
Apr 29, 10:30 AM in
A Content Management Systems (CMS) is a great tool for creating a site quickly. Designing a theme is no problem because all CMS have a multitude of readymade free or premium themes that can be installed with a couple of mouse clicks. Using a CMS saves time, especially when administering your website or managing its content.
When choosing or using CMS for your site consider its SEO capacity. Your site may look nice, but a beautiful design alone will not bring visitors.
In any case, a simple and easy-to-use design is extremely important when a visitor has already found the site in the Internet.
Consider these questions before taking your CMS-powered site on-line:
- Does your CMS allow editing individual article and section titles? If not, does it have any SEO plug-in through which one can edit article titles?
- Does your CMS allow pages to have clean URLs? 
- Does your CMS allow for creating XML sitemap?
- Does your CMS tend to generate trash code when publishing an article? 
- Does your CMS allow you to edit meta tags?
At least these points should be considered before powering your site with a CMS to avoid problems with search engine visibility in the future.
1 Clean URL looks like www.yoursite.com/downloads/sample.html, instead of www.yoursite.com/2/dl?145) Clean URLs are very important for SEO because a page’s URL contributes to its ranking in search engines.
2 By trash code I mean unnecessary HTML tags often generated by WYSIWG editors of many popular CMS.